Ryan J. Grella, PT, DPT, OCS is director of rehabilitation at PT Solutions, a service line of Florida Hospital North Pinellas. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of South Florida graduating Summa Cum Laude with a bachelor of arts in psychology. His psychology major taught him an appreciation of interpersonal relationships, motivation, and perception, which was very influential towards his future career as a physical therapist. At the University of South Florida School of Physical Therapy he received his entry level training and upon graduation decided to continue his education with a transitional doctor of physical therapy through the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences. He is an orthopaedic certified specialist through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. A passionate advocate for physical therapists, Ryan is chair of the FPTA Government Advocacy Committee and has been to Washington D.C. and Tallahassee on behalf of the profession in addition to setting up physical therapy PAC fundraisers attended by political candidates.
7/07 Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of St Augustine, St Augustine, FL
8/03 Master of Science in Physical Therapy, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
8/00 Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of SouthFlorida, Tampa, FL
- Grella RJ. Continuous passive motion following total knee arthroplasty: a useful adjunct to early mobilization? Phys Ther Reviews 2008;13:269-79.
- Grella RJ. Direct Access: Where’s The Risk. Advance for Physical Therapy and Rehab Medicine. 2013;20:10-11
- Grella RJ. Direct Access to Physical Therapists: An Advocate’s Handbook. Palm Harbor, FL: Practice Repetitions; 2014
Licenses and Certifications
- Physical Therapist: Florida: Since 2003
- Orthopaedic Certified Specialist (OCS), 2008 – ABPTS
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), 2002 – NSCA
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Florida Physical Therapy Association (FPTA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
To learn more about Ryan Grella please see below.