My name is Ryan Grella and I’m the person behind OCSexamprep.com. I have been a physical therapist since 2003 and earned the OCS credential in 2008. Obtaining the OCS credential has proved to be a wise choice and I have since become and advocate for specialty certification. I love to teach and explain things and have found that I learn best when leading study groups. Having created CSCStestprep.com and the NSCA CSCS Examination Review and Study Guide eBook, I thought it was time to begin a similar project for the OCS exam.
My entry level training occurred at the University of South Florida, which was followed by a transitional doctor of physical therapy degree from the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences. Presently I’m director of rehabilitation at a hospital in Tampa Florida and have become very involved with the American Physical Therapy Association and the Florida Physical Therapy Association as an advocate for the profession. I chair the government advocacy committee of the FPTA and have been to Washington D.C and Tallahassee Florida numerous times representing the profession in front of lawmakers. Loving to teach and interact with colleagues, I also provide several continuing education courses on a variety of topics each year.
As with all things in life, I’ve realized that I forget key principles if I do not use or review them on a consistent basis. The content of the OCS exam falls into this category for me, and I felt that the best way to review and retain the material would be to teach it myself. Thus OCSexamprep.com was born.
The goals of my involvement with this website are:
- To educate others about the OCS credential.
- To teach and review the OCS exam content.
- To develop an online resource to be used by anyone interested in taking and passing the OCS exam.
- To develop and online resource to be used by anyone who already holds the OCS credential, but would like to review the content for better retention and understanding.
- To develop an eBook to be used by anyone wishing to supplement their OCS exam preparation strategy.
- To find the best resources for passing the OCS exam.
- To encourage physical therapists to earn the OCS credential.
If you are new to the OCS credential, I am here to help you. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.
Best of luck to all the test takers,
To learn more about Ryan Grella please see below.